VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 04:59:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] VL5.8 SOHO Splashimage and themefile  (Read 3703 times)
WardBailey

« on: May 20, 2007, 08:07:41 am »

Installed 5.8 SOHO with no problems on 2 machines, set everything up fine. Shut systems down and rebooted both all was well. I then did package updates on both and that went well, however now when I start either machine I get 2 messages the first message "cannot open theme file /opt/kde/share/apps/kdm/themes/GlassLights-SOHO." I removed this line from grub and systems now continue to blue screen and then give message "cannot load splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/bitmap/boot.xpm". I click ok and all continues. By the way Great OS  "FAST"
Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:35:54 pm by lagagnon » Logged
WardBailey

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:27:16 am »

I figured out the first problem with splashscreen. Still need help with second problem.
WardBailey

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:23:07 am »

The 2 messages I posted are backwards should be other way around
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 03:36:11 pm »

I have this problem when I change (knowingly or unknowingly) the default VL KDM theme (GlassLights). Thus after I set up everything as I like it and before I reboot I make sure that GlassLights is enabled in KDE's control center (System Administration, KDM Theme Manager).
HTH,
Mike

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
WardBailey

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 04:03:10 pm »

Thanks Mike
This solved the problem for me.
Hope you find VL as nice as I do

Ward
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 05:16:39 pm »

Installed 5.8 SOHO with no problems on 2 machines, set everything up fine. Shut systems down and rebooted both all was well. I then did package updates on both and that went well, however now when I start either machine I get 2 messages the first message "cannot open theme file /opt/kde/share/apps/kdm/themes/GlassLights-SOHO." I removed this line from grub and systems now continue to blue screen and then give message "cannot load splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/bitmap/boot.xpm". I click ok and all continues. By the way Great OS  "FAST"
Thanks for your time.

For anyone else who might do this same on SOHO-5.8-Final:
After updating and selecting to update installed applications, UN-SELECT the KDE-Custom package. (View/Marked, then scroll down the list for the kde-custom).
Standard-5.8 users shouldn't have any issue.

There is a small bug (package was built for Standard while SOHO was still in the works), and the crew is aware of this. This package is currently being updated for the SOHO-5.8-Final .
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:47:54 pm »

For anyone else who might do this same on SOHO-5.8-Final:
After updating and selecting to update installed applications, UN-SELECT the KDE-Custom package. (View/Marked, then scroll down the list for the kde-custom).
Standard-5.8 users shouldn't have any issue.

There is a small bug (package was built for Standard while SOHO was still in the works), and the crew is aware of this. This package is currently being updated for the SOHO-5.8-Final .

I thought I was using SOHO 5.8 Final. Is this something that will be added to the repos?

Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 12:36:56 am »

I thought I was using SOHO 5.8 Final. Is this something that will be added to the repos?

Yes,
 it is a package with extra boot themes, kdm themes, kicker backgrounds,some bug fixes/updates to existing themes, and more (eyecandy stuff). it is currently in the repo ( in the /extras), but take caution (for now, say maybe just a couple more days?) when adding/updating this package to your SOHO installation through gslapt.
The message was intended for those that simply click the "Mark All Upgrades" button then simply click on Execute.
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25:30 am »

Great, thanks for the "caution".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: