VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 04:17:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VASM network settings  (Read 3045 times)
tomcat1965

« on: May 20, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »

Is VASM broken in Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO,as regards network configuration? Reading others posts I see they are all having the same problems with settings entered in VASM having no effect on the next reboot. Even putting wpa supplicant and dhcpcd as start up scripts are hit and miss. Is there a fix on its way or is this just how things are with Vector? I was really hoping to stay with Vector SOHO because of its speed and good looks.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:40:20 pm »

Even putting wpa supplicant and dhcpcd as start up scripts are hit and miss

Where are you putting thee scripts? I have used /etc/rc.d/rc.local without problems.

Bigpaws
tomcat1965

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:09:18 am »

Same place,but dhcpcd never starts,the firewall is now refusing to start on boot and I've got too many other issues with SOHO to carry on trying to fix it,It's a very attractive fast distro but it feels like an Alpha release with all these bugs. Sad
Having to put scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc.local just to get a cable dhcp connection really should not be necessary,VASM just doesn't work,for example selecting dhcp does not mean dhcpcd will start,which it should.
Vasm asks you for the level of wifi security,however if you select wpa guess what,yep...wpa_supplicant is not going to start. What's the point of a configuration gui that asks questions and then doesn't implement your choices?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:33:56 pm by tomcat1965 » Logged
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 05:12:04 pm »

I have used SOHO since version 3.2. I have not had the issues you describe.

There appears to be more to the problem. I asked for the information in your
other post. I will be glad to help you, as others here will as well.

I do not use VASM as much as others. The times that I have used VASM I
have not had any problems.

I sent a PM to you offering my assistance.

Bigpaws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: