VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 04:59:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some typos I noticed during installation  (Read 2325 times)
wheaties.box

I am a nerd.

« on: May 21, 2007, 10:44:05 am »

Hi everyone, I just thought someone here might like to maybe make some changes to the installer for 5.8 SOHO.  I noticed some small, hardly noticeable mistakes in spelling:

• When you choose additional filesystem mount points, "recommend" or "recommended" (I already passed that screen, so I don't remember which it was) is spelled "recomend" (one 'm').
  • On the /tmp option, boost is missing an 'o'
  • On the i18n Packages Selection screen, "don't" is missing the apostrophe
  • On the Ready To Install screen, "whenever you are ready too:" might need to be "whenever you are ready to:"  I'm not sure if it's just going along with the beginning "I'm ready to install Vector Linux...." or if the intention was something else.

There may have been others, but I only started catching them when I was selecting additional mount points.  I hope no one takes offense from these suggestions--I simply want to help a great distro look more professional.
wheaties.box

I am a nerd.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:03:48 am »

Found some more after installing the packages:

• On the Timezone Configuration screen, there is a question mark where there doesn't need to be one: "Firstly, please tell me what your hardware clock is set to ?"  Also, the last sentence might be intended to say "Otherwise, SET it to localtime....." instead of "Otherwise, LET it to localtime...."
  • On the Set Network Hostname screen, you may want to insert "for" in the text to make it "...you need to ask FOR the TCP/IP settings...."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: