VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 02:55:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL-standard: FTP-server where to get/find?  (Read 2540 times)
Dutchy

« on: May 22, 2007, 09:14:34 am »

Hi,

I'm new to VL, but not to linux. I found VL in my search for a distro that still can run on my trusty old laptop. So far so good, it runs everything I need and installed better than any other lightweight distros.
Now I'm just a tad stuck... I need an ftpserver (ftpd) like vsftp or something, so I can up/download stuff directly from this machine without worrying about the speed.
Gslapt didn't seem to have one in the list, so I was wondering if and where I can find a repository to add or perhaps install an ftp server directly.
I guess there must be one around for VL, but the question is where...

Thanks,
Roy
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:07:35 am »

so I was wondering if and where I can find a repository to add or perhaps install an ftp server directly.

You can use Slackware non-system packages for VL, so you will find a Slackware package for vsftp at http://www.linuxpackages.net

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:59 am »

You can grab XAMPP from the repo too, I cant remember wich ftp server is packaged with it, but if you want just the ftp then just go with linuxpackages.net, I install packages from slacky.it also, they work nice on vl.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Dutchy

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:29 pm »

Due to capset issues I decided to go with ProFTPd, which is now running and does the job wonderfull. Thanks for pointing out LinuxPackages!
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:28:02 pm »

Another solution is to use putty,filezilla or winscp to transfer
files from non Linux machines.

Bigpaws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: