VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 11:33:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] SimCity 3000  (Read 3562 times)
mymarkers

« on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:06 am »

Does anybody have any experience trying to run SimCity 3000 Unlimited either through WINE or in Windows XP? Initial efforts have proven fruitless in both cases, and before I dive deeper, I'd like to know which is a better bet. With XP, I've tried a few combinations of screen resolutions and compatibility modes. I'm not too familiar with WINE at all, so I didn't try too much with it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 08:37:02 pm by JohnB316 » Logged
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:33:45 pm »

Did you check Frank's Corner by chance? I just did, and here is a link to info they have on running Sim City 3000 under Wine: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=simcity3000

HTH,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
mymarkers

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:25:39 pm »

I had tried that much with WINE, and the installation worked, but the game wouldn't run. During the semester, I didn't have time for any trouble shooting, but this summer I should have time to dig in a little deeper. I'm pretty determined to get it working.
mymarkers

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:30 pm »

Problem solved. I got it running in Windows. When I tried before, I immediately tried to run it in different compatibility modes. This time I just installed it and double-clicked, and it worked. Who knew?

I'm so excited! I have it on my old iMac, but I've always dreamed of running it on a computer with more horsepower.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: