VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] SimCity 3000  (Read 3869 times)

mymarkers

[SOLVED] SimCity 3000
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:43:06 am »

Does anybody have any experience trying to run SimCity 3000 Unlimited either through WINE or in Windows XP? Initial efforts have proven fruitless in both cases, and before I dive deeper, I'd like to know which is a better bet. With XP, I've tried a few combinations of screen resolutions and compatibility modes. I'm not too familiar with WINE at all, so I didn't try too much with it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:37:02 pm by JohnB316 »

JohnB316

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
  • Registered Linux User #386728
Re: SimCity 3000
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:33:45 pm »

Did you check Frank's Corner by chance? I just did, and here is a link to info they have on running Sim City 3000 under Wine: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=simcity3000

HTH,
John
VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.

mymarkers

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:25:39 pm »

I had tried that much with WINE, and the installation worked, but the game wouldn't run. During the semester, I didn't have time for any trouble shooting, but this summer I should have time to dig in a little deeper. I'm pretty determined to get it working.

mymarkers

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:47:30 pm »

Problem solved. I got it running in Windows. When I tried before, I immediately tried to run it in different compatibility modes. This time I just installed it and double-clicked, and it worked. Who knew?

I'm so excited! I have it on my old iMac, but I've always dreamed of running it on a computer with more horsepower.