VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: I'm Impressed....  (Read 3301 times)

thegeekster

I'm Impressed....
« on: May 23, 2007, 05:50:03 pm »

Hi everyone,

I just had to sign up and say of all the distros I've tried, VL had the best out-of-box experience for me..........Which is saying quite a lot...

I want to give a big hand to the VL team for such a wonderful job........You people deserve it!.....The attention to detail while keeping it fairly simple is nothing short of breathtaking........And a lot of work!!....I tried VL a couple of years ago and it didn't really interest me, but since then it has come a long way and the result is fantastic..... :two_thumbs_up:

I've been using Slack for a few years (since version 9.1) and got to know it inside and out, so the transition to VL is very easy for me, and I can tell what's different under the hood ;) .....It's still basically Slackware, but a very well thought out desktop version..............Slack used to be my favorite distro, until now..... :D

'Nuff said, except to say at the first opportunity, I will donate financially to the cause to show my appreciation......

---thegeekster

PS: Forgot to mention I'm running the latest SOHO version......
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:56:17 pm by thegeekster »

blurymind

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: I'm Impressed....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:03:38 am »

welcome geekster  ;D
status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/

thegeekster

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:57:03 am »

Thanx, blurymind.....

You'll be seeing me around as I have a bag of tricks/tips I've collected over the years running Slack, which I'll be posting now and then...... ;)

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:52 pm »

Cool! We can use all the tips and tricks you can throw at us... Welcome aboard and thanks for the words of praise... :)
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 02:12:17 pm »

Thanx, blurymind.....

You'll be seeing me around as I have a bag of tricks/tips I've collected over the years running Slack, which I'll be posting now and then...... ;)

I first came here as a Slackware user. Welcome!
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months