Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Salutari din Romania (English > Greetings from Romania) :D  (Read 3170 times)

DarkMonkXES

Salutari din Romania (English > Greetings from Romania) :D
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:31 am »
Hi there! I cannot say i'm new to Linux, 'cause i've been using it for about two years (most of the time, still using Windows  :( because i really need some programs and my wife has a more limited Linux experience than me  :) ). But i'm new to Slackware-based distros. I have tried Slackware a few years ago, but you all know how newbie-friendly it is... So i dropped it really fast and switched to Mandrake/Mandriva. That was te case up until yesterday, when i installed... you guessed it, Vector Linux! I've just one thing to say: WOW... It is really easy to use (i didn't even think that will even be possible with the slack base). You pulled it off!  :D
Of course, there are issues i've never encountered before, such as the lack of automounting. Well, VL's fstab is the best one i ever edited, in any distro (and over the years i tried about 10-12 distros). All i had to do was erase "#" and replace hda1 with sda1/sda5. There could not be an easier way to edit fstab, i think.
Of course, there are other problems (two that really bother me) but i'll post them in the questions threads and i'm sure i'll get an answer :D
Bottom Line > Vector Linux is GREAT! I love it! More newbie-friendly than i thought! Way faster than Mandriva (and not only)! Great job, you guys! Keep up the good work!  ;D

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
Re: Salutari din Romania (English > Greetings from Romania) :D
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:57:09 pm »
Hi DarkMonkXES, welcome to VL!

About the "lack of automounting", which version of VL did you install and what did you want to automount?
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Ainvar

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:04:14 pm »
Te salut concetatene :) !
Tot din Romania sunt si eu!
Hope you like Vector Linux, I really love it, right now i moved to it completely. No more Windows for me! It's a little hard, cause there are some things that are the opposite of Windows's...things. :) Congratulations for choosing this distro, you won't regret this choice!
Take care of you!-Ai grija de tine!

blurymind

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 02:30:34 am »
hello and welcome. Vl is a great and helpful comunity. Dont hesitate to ask questions or to ask for help about anything.  :)
status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/