Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Howdy All!  (Read 2244 times)

dwainehead

Howdy All!
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:36:17 am »
I'm just dropping in to say hello, I've had 5.8 SOHO installed on my test system for a week now and it's definetly passed the test. I've been reading through the forums and learning my way around this system so since I've decided to keep it I decided to signup on the forums.

This sounds silly but 1 of my most important criteria for keeping a linux flavor installed is how it detects my system on install. This is an old P3 1ghz Dell, no agp and onboard video over-ridden in the bios by my Geforce 6200pci card. It amazes me with all the hardware that is detected, why most flavors cannot configure X to use the video card that running the video card it's installing with  :-\

So needless to say I've made my way through many oyhers and found myself here liking the install and overall system. So a simple thanks to the crew who makes this possible.

Dwainehead

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Howdy All!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:18:38 am »
Welcom to the forum! I agree with you about the hardware support is great on VL. The devs made a great job on this.
Enjoy Vector!
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!