VectorLinux
July 24, 2014, 07:22:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.8 soho on toshiba satellite 3000 hangs during boot  (Read 2730 times)
xlaga

« on: September 28, 2007, 04:38:02 am »

I started off not being able to install 5.8 soho due to a hangup during

Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-724.

I found this post: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3944.msg25484#msg25484 but that didn't help so I took the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in my other laptop to do the install. Of course when I transferred it back it hung at the same point booting from the hard drive but I can boot it in the following way:

Boot to DSL on CD with the noscsi boot option (freezes without noscsi on Probing SCSI... aic7xxx.o). Reboot to VL and it boots fine. I can reboot from VL and it continues to boot fine but after I shut it down it hangs at the same point and I have to boot to DSL to get back into VL. I have tried adding the noscsi option to lilo (append="noscsi", hopefully that's the correct syntax) and that didn't work. I have also tried several other boot options with no success. At this point I am at a dead end.

There is one odd thing that happens when I boot through DSL and I'm not sure if it's related to my problem or not. For some reason a /dev/sda device shows up when I don't have any usb devices plugged in. There is a flash card reader and I'm not sure if that is creating it or not. My cdrom is showing as /dev/cdrom and my hard drive is showing as /dev/hda so I can't figure out what it is.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:49:25 am »

Can't say about your boot issue, but your /dev/sda is most likely your flash reader. It probably shows up as a drive even if there is no medium in it, just like a cdrom or floppy.
knight2046

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:57:08 pm »

yes ,me to.
my computer is dell 2650.
it hanged here.
"loading iSCSI transprot class ..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: