VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 04:12:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I stop the "WIN" key from being "F15" in Soho? [solved]  (Read 2733 times)
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« on: June 04, 2007, 02:41:31 am »

I want to get my old "win" key back! I don't need no smelly F15 button to open kmenu for me, I'm used to the win key as an important key for global shortcuts.

I know it probably has something to do with xmodmap, but I didn't quite get how that works ( how to remove F15 ).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:48:47 am by The Headacher » Logged

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:20 am »

Don't know how much you already have customized your install, but I used the hatchet approach to mine. Right after install I deleted the .kde folder and built mine from scratch, then used control center to assign my usual shortcuts. No xmodmap involved.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:48:09 am »

Thanks nightflier, that works fine. I don't do much customizing, so it was solved pretty soon.

Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:40:21 am »

LOL, and everybody was bitching that we didn't have the winkey set up before... Grin

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:14:13 am »

LOL, and everybody was bitching that we didn't have the winkey set up before... Grin

Ah yeah, who do you choose to please?  Wink

I never managed to have the winkey bring up the menu in addition to being usable for combination shortcuts. The combinations are most important to me, that way I very seldom need the start menu.
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:32:52 am »

Ah yeah, who do you choose to please?  Wink

I never managed to have the winkey bring up the menu in addition to being usable for combination shortcuts. The combinations are most important to me, that way I very seldom need the start menu.

I use the left Windoze key to type åççënt characters. I have no idea what I'm going to do with its partner on the right, but I'm looking for a keysym that generates an endless stream of gold coins.

In any case, the following page may shed some light on The Headacher's problem:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m=106519804427555&w=2

I would see if $HOME/.Xmodmap contains anything. It might be loaded in Autostart...?

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 12:43:18 pm »

Yes, but I can bring up the menu with Ctrl+Esc (standard behavior) . I need that winkey as a modifier.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: