This is directly from the fourth line down of the downloads page from the IcePodder website:
"To install the normal package, simply unzip the .tar.gz file and run install.sh as root."
OK, so what you need to do is
1) download the package
2) open a console terminal and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the file to. You do this with the "cd" command, e.g.: cd downloads
3) run the command "tar xjvf IcePodder-5.4.tar.bz2"
4) that unzips the file to its own directory, you then cd to that directory
5) type "su" and then enter your root password
6) run the command "install.sh"
It is a bit easier doing this in the Thunar file manager (if you use VL Standard) or in Konquereor (if you use SOHO). You can choose to do it that way if you like ...