VectorLinux
April 17, 2014, 01:31:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosted login screen, bootmanager time, etc...  (Read 1283 times)
last2kn0

« on: June 09, 2007, 08:31:59 am »

I've got a Dell Optiplex gx100 that I installed Vectorlinux on and I just had a few questions.  After the install the screen was ghosted.  There were about 4vertical copies blurred together.  I logged in basically blindly and  fixed it in xfce but the login screen is still ghosted every time.

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

And the other thing is, I would just like to know how to change the timelimit on the bootloader.  Do I just go to some liloconf file or is there some gui way of doing it? 

Thanks!
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:34:04 am »

After the install the screen was ghosted.  There were about 4vertical copies blurred together.  I logged in basically blindly and  fixed it in xfce but the login screen is still ghosted every time.
I have never seen a situation where the login screen was not graphically correct but you are still able to get into xfce. That is very strange. The only thing I can suggest is re-boot into linux-tui, login as root, run "vasm", xconf and try reconfiguring X. If that does not work you need to find out your monitor's horizontal and vertical sync rates (check your manuals or the manufacturer's website) and enter those correct sync rates into the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in the appropriate place.
And the other thing is, I would just like to know how to change the timelimit on the bootloader.  Do I just go to some liloconf file or is there some gui way of doing it? 
Check the "lilo" paragraph in this HOWTO:
http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3234.0

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: