VectorLinux
July 23, 2014, 07:48:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: installing 5.e-std from live CD  (Read 1548 times)
joec

« on: June 09, 2007, 12:55:21 pm »

Live CD works great but it does not give me an option to install. Is there something I am supposed to type at the boot prompt to get the process rolling?
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:57:39 pm »

I believe the installer is found under 'System' menu.  You also may be able to start it via terminal using 'vlinstaller' (or similar); will probably need to be root.
joec

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:02:50 pm »

I found to install that i had to:

open terminal as root  -- cd to /sbin--- enter "vliveinstall" at the command line.

but lilo won't play nice with the WinXP javascript:void(0); i can't even install it using vasm after rebooting on the Live CD.javascript:void(0);
joec

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 04:44:01 am »

HAH! i did it. But i had to install Mint(ubuntu) on another drive and let it automatically set up grub. Now i have time ti fgure out how all this stuff works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: