VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 06:31:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello form Voel in Denmark  (Read 2071 times)
nj_jak

« on: June 10, 2007, 01:55:24 pm »

HI everybody!

truly great to be here!!

I am 45 years of age, have a beautiful wife, who has given me three lovely children during the last seven years.

I got my first VL (5.0.1 SOHO) from danish distributor linuxpusher.dk because I got tired of Win ME (me = MANURE EDITION) and my hardware wasn't really on top of the pops then.

I am now enjoying the 5.8 SOHO (good job dev guys!!!).

The village I live in is less than 1500 souls, but we (more likely they) made to the best league in danish handball. Yeah I know, handball isn't that great outside of Europe, but in Denmark it is aprox to soccer in tv ratings.

What I did for local social life: I played a "bad mother fu...." in the local amateur theater this spring.....
What I did for VL: so far nothing much - plan to pay for 6.0 SOHO though
What I did for Linux: brag about having a great O/S for free and trying to convince my freinds to try it out
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 03:28:38 pm »

Hi nj_jak , and Welcome to VectorLinux. Or should I say welcome back since you've already introduced yourself to the distro at 5.0.1 ?

Sounds like a lot of good success there for you,, having the wife, then the kids, best league in danish handball, and then onto VectorLinux  Smiley .
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »

Hejsa, goddag, nj_jak!

(That's about all the Danish I know, btw)

I got my first VL (5.0.1 SOHO) from danish distributor linuxpusher.dk because I got tired of Win ME (me = MANURE EDITION) and my hardware wasn't really on top of the pops then.

Friends don't let friends use Windows ME...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:45:05 pm by hanumizzle » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:57:06 pm »

Hello nj_jak
Welcome to Vector, hope you are enjoying the OS and the forum. Some very intersting folks here also very talented. Feel free to just jump in the water is warm. Oh, and by the way you should encourage your friends to use Windoze ME. It will always remind them of the worst code known to mankind. LOL
Regards
Metvas

Knowledge is Power, share it.
Be the change you want to see in the World
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:17:12 am »

hi nj_jak, that sounds great! Regards to your family, my first daugther borned three month ago.
I like handball, but I cant understand why you use your hands instead feet  Grin.
Welcome to the vl forum.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 07:22:43 am »

Hi nj_jak!

Some commentators are referring to Windows Vista as Windows ME II (a.k.a. Windows Me Too) because of all the problems with it.  I have to say I never had a worse OS on my computer than Windows ME, but lately I've been helping some people who bought machines with Vista installed downgrade to XP.  When they let me I make a small ext3 partition and install VL 5.8, and just suggest that they try it out.  I've been getting some good responses.

You have a very beautiful country, I loved visiting there.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: