VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: docs  (Read 13101 times)

vvucic

• Packager
  • Vectorite
    • GNU Linux Center
docs
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:02:30 am »

Hello,

I found this forum very interesting since good documentation for Linux software is still missing very much. :/ I am willing to participate in writing documentation, but I suppose, we should have some FTP service or so where we can upload documents.  Right?

please advise

veki

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: docs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:58 am »

I have been given the unenviable task of looking after VL documentation for the present. I am happy to have some assistance with the task! Probably the best thing to do is to PM me with what aspects of documentation you would like to write/rewrite/edit and we can discuss. You could then send me your input and I will upload it. I assume you have read through all the VL manuals which are availalble on your computer under VL Docs, VL Manuals (and also at: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/docs/vl58/manuals/index.html ) ???
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

vvucic

• Packager
  • Vectorite
    • GNU Linux Center
Re: docs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:08:27 am »

Hello,

You can find some documents in form of courses on the following  address:
http://www.gnulinuxcentar.org/atutor

Please register and check and if you have some time join this effort.  Since all courses are written in SCORM format they can be used on-line and off-line and however re-used.
We used ATutor since it is accessible for people with disabilities too.
Maybe VL may have ATutor installed which is php, mysql based application (www.atutor.ca).  If not, it is easy to re-use the courses.

With best wishes,

veki
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 01:17:50 am by vvucic »