VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: another recruit  (Read 2013 times)

urbanvoodoo

another recruit
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:03:43 pm »

hi everyone.

I needed to get my ageing p3 running at a decent pace again so i decided to try vector out. So far i think its pretty cool, nice and fast, and no unnecessary stuff.

There were a few problems at install, but i worked them out(ISO would'nt burn to the cd correctly on windows, had to use K3B from a slax cd i had).

I dont have much experience in linux, i used fedora core 5 for 1 month, and used slax a bit, but this is (hopefully) the last distro i'll need to install.

A word of advice to anyone about to install vector; DO NOT let your little brother play frozen bubble  :).

Thats it for now, vector is going smooth for the 18 hours its been installed. Now i just have to get the modem working. Its a speedtouch 330 ..............
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:13:02 pm by urbanvoodoo »

tomh38

• Vectorian
Re: another recruit
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 04:20:55 am »

Hi urbanvoodoo!

Please allow me to give you the (unofficial) welcome to the Vector Linux community.  I'll tell you what I tell everybody else:  I think Vector Linux is not only a great distribution, it's a great community as well.  I've gotten a lot of useful help in these forums, and people have always been nice.  I hope you have a good experience with Vector; if it's as good as mine I'm sure you'll be happy.

Tom
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991