VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: GnuCash  (Read 4408 times)

joec

GnuCash
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:31:21 pm »

is GnuCash available anywhere for VL5.8Std?  Are there any other accounting packages to try?

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: GnuCash
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:51:28 pm »

joec

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:36:37 pm »

thank you.

I instlled using "installpkg".  When I try to run i am told it needs libgtkhtml-3.8.-so-1.  a version of this was installed  -  "-2.6.**" - with VL5.8 which doesn't seem to be good enough. Linuxpackages has a version:  "3.6***" .  If i track down the proper version am i likely to break something that relies on this older version?

I know that probably is "well, it depends" but i thought i,d ask generally. I am clearly well over my head on this one.

newt

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:19:37 pm »

reading on [this link] seems to indicate that it may be a bit gnome-tricky, and I don't know if the gnome packages available from the repository have the required dependencies ???  I bet easuter could help on this one.

MikeCindi

• Tester
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:46:07 pm »

Don't want to change the topic but would KMyMoney work for you as a substitute? (I haven't used either so could easily be missing something beyond the general category of finance tracking.)
The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
 VL64 7.1                                     RLU 486143

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:52:31 pm »

I think I too tried GnuCash at one point but gave up due to dependancy hell. Here I use Grisbi - seems to be pretty good for my simple usage - and I seem to remember that the Slackware package at the Grisbi site worked fine - but it was about a year ago that I installed it. Give it a try at: http://www.grisbi.org/
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll