VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 02:12:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: How about soccer within the VL community?  (Read 7140 times)
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 08:06:18 am »

jeje, this thursday Argentina - USA, nice match

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »

There is a third approach: In the modern life our moral and ethics push away from adventures and risks. The modern life structure has order and safety as a goal. Sports are a version of ancient wars. Almost the last place where something amazing, unexpected, wonderful can be done by a true hero...
Nhaaaa... this is blabla, as Borges said, growed people running for a ball...

Well, the Highland Games are certainly entertaining. Tossing hammers appeals to me more. Maybe it's from playing Super Mario Brothers.

Unfortunately, in some cases, football fanaticism has become too much like real war. Sad

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:05 am »

Unfortunately, in some cases, football fanaticism has become too much like real war.

Indeed. Sadly this is very true on my country. I saw it on internationals news media, so may be you know one person died the past monday on a soccer match, because of a figth between "fans". Happened just a few streets from my house  Sad.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 12:07:04 pm »

I agree with you guys, it's really a shame when football has become almost like war.

I love football when it's at its purest form. The great players of the world when they give that little extra to give the fans and audience something to remember for life. Especially I remember the great Maradona when he scored against England in the World Cup of '86. He walked through the whole English defence like they were just looking around.  Roll Eyes  Man, that was something out of this world.

rbistolfi, I have to ask you. Have you seen Riquelme now playing when he was on loan with Boca Juniors?
Did he play great? What was your opinion? I really like to hear since I dream that he will sign for Juventus.
How is the rivalry between Boca Juniors and River Plate? I hear that it's the biggest rivalry game in South America?

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »

Hi Dr! Roman played in great form this semester, he leaded Boca Juniors to the Libertadores Cup championship (the UEFA CL latinamerican equivalent) and the second place in the local tournament. He scored 8 goals at the cup in 12 games, including 3 in the finals (one in the first game at La Boca, and two in Brazil, at the Gremio stadium). He scored a lot, and he was a great playmaker, giving several assists, and keeping the ball when needed as well as he can (he is great using his body to protect the ball). Another plus, Boca Juniors didnt play a good defense this semester, and he was under the score several times. Roman leaded the team to get back on the game several times. So, IMO, Roman was the world player of the semester. He is back on the National Team now, and he will play against USA tomorrow.
Just one con: He is really a family guy, and needs to "feel good" to play well. He has a lot of brothers (6 I think), they were really poor family in the past, so, they are the most important to him, even that any soccer match or team. He was not a happy kid, and sometimes he just dont feel like he wants, and that affect his playing.
About Boca-River, is just the event of the year here. Always a full stadium, with a lot of flags and color. The supporters here make songs to the team, and compite for who is louder, all the game. Usually there is a flag as big is possible. The winner will be in a party for a month. The looser avoid to go out as much as he can, just to not meet the oposite supporter. Is really fun.
But sometimes, there is violence involved, and there is no fun anymore. 

--
Jumalauta!!
gacl
Vectorite

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 06:12:57 am »

Riquelme is a great shooter with a standing ball. . . And especially with a barrier. *wink*

“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 07:00:05 am »

Mexico just beat Brazil in the American Cup...
Let's see how far they get.

DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 01:01:45 pm »

Thank you rbistolfi for your article on Riquelme. Smiley
I appreciate it Smiley

DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 12:04:12 pm »

Only approximately 12 days until the start of Italian Serie A.
Really looking forward to see Juventus back where they belong. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: