VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 04:35:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How about soccer within the VL community?  (Read 8008 times)
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« on: June 21, 2007, 02:30:55 pm »

Hi again!

I thought to ask if there are any soccer fans with the VL community.
I have been supporting Juventus since the '95-'96 campaign.

I thought to make a Top 10 list of my favorite soccer players of all-time Smiley
The list isn't in any particular order. There would be at least 10 more favorite players if I start to really think them through.
I once told a girl that I can name about 200 teams from the world and she didn't believe me.  Shocked
And I also told her that I could name at least 350-400 players if necessary. That she then believed  Grin

1. Alessandro Del Piero
2. Antonio Conte
3. Diego Maradona
4. Gianluigi Buffon
5. Gaetano Scirea
6. Fabrizio Ravanelli
7. Gianluca Vialli
8. Dino Zoff
9. Walter Samuel
10. Fabio Cannavaro

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
vvucic
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:35:07 pm »

Here in Serbia we have very good players that do have excellent scores in Europe.  Maybe , you can include some of them too Wink

veki
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:43:31 pm »

This is a bit difficult. I have to recall my memory to Serbian players.

I remember a really good player from the early 90's and late 90's called Vladimir Jugovic. He was the guy who won the Champions League for Juventus back in '96. He scored the final penalty to decide the game for Juve against Ajax. That was my best memory of the game and that's from where my Juventus following started. Smiley

Other great Serbian players from the past I remember are Sinisa Mihjailovic. He had a terrific left foot on set pieces. Smiley
Of course a player from the present, Dejan Stankovic. He's a great player. Smiley

vvucic
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:46:37 pm »

Hello,

yes, some our players are listed in Rio De Janeiro museum of soccer Smiley

Ifg you liek I can send you names of some of our soccer players.

veki
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 02:49:53 pm »

I have a good memory now, I looked over at Wikipedia to refresh my memory. Smiley

Ljubinko Drulović, Miroslav Đukić, Vladimir Jugović, Mateja Kežman, Darko Kovačević, Siniša Mihajlović, Savo Milošević, Dejan Stefanović. Slaviša Jokanović, Predrag Mijatović, Dejan Savićević Smiley

vvucic
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 02:54:12 pm »

Yes, great.  if you will come one day to Belgrade I will show you museums of our soccer teams and I will show you the places where hundreds of thousands of people come.  They have also interesting graffiti sprayed on the walls such as:
It is hard to be crazy. Competition is strong.
lol

veki
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 02:56:38 pm »

I have heard that the Partizan Belgrade fans are really hardcore fans.
A lot of fireworks in the stands and in the stadium. That must be a terrific atmosphere to be in and watch a game.
I heard that the rivalry between Red Star Belgrade and Partizan is really hardcore match.

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 03:02:24 pm »

I would like you to list some of the great US soccer players.

Never mind.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
vvucic
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 03:07:04 pm »

hello,

Ah yes, that is so intensive rivalry.  For example, there is joke:
What Partizan fan will do after Partizan shoot the third goal to Red Star?
Answer: He should turn off his Play Station.

lol

veki
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 03:07:38 pm »

Sure, I can list some of the great U.S soccer players as well.

Alexi Lalas, Brad Friedel, Cobi Jones, Carlos Bocanegra etc.
Probably the best ever female player comes from the U.S. Mia Hamm Smiley

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 03:34:33 pm »

Well, I am Argentine, soccer is the way to comunicate between ourselves, and heaven is a long green grass for us Smiley

I am a Club Atletico Independiente de Avellaneda fan. You should know, we won 16 international championships (1 less than Milan and Boca Juniors), including the Intercontinental Cup, three times  Smiley.
My favourite players are those who dont run too much, but have a clear idea about tactics, team play and passing. The defenders have all my respects. Tha all time leader on this is Ricardo Bochini, an argentinian player from the 80's, by far. Here is my list:

Diego Maradona (of course, we call him D10S)
2. Ricardo Bochini (I already talk about him, he is the greatest, but Maradona is over every scale).
3. Michelle Platini.
4. Zinedine Zidane.
5. Juan Roman Riquelme.
6. Roberto Ayala.
7. Romario.
8. Fernando Redondo.
9. Enzo Francescoli.
10. Claudio Cannigia.
11. Carlos Tevez.

Hmm, too many argentinians on this list, but I could write for ever, I like Xavi too, Sergio Aguero, Rio Ferdinand, Paolo Maldini, Javier Zanetti, Walter Samuel, Gabriel Milito, Juninho Pernambucano (I saw him on the court, against Argentina in Buenos Aires, I didnt see a rival play better ever). I am a hughe fan... I can talk about this for ever...

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 06:53:36 pm »

rbistolfi, nice to see someone interested in soccer as well. Smiley

I add to my lists such players as you mentioned. Riquelme, Francescoli, Ayala. I'm not a big fan of Brazilians, I much rather see Argentinians play since I consider them to be better players. Smiley

I want to add Pablo Aimar to my list since I recognize him together with Riquelme as my favorite playmakers.
The Top 10 players is a bit too short, it should be Top 100  Roll Eyes

DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 06:57:54 pm »

A small addition to my previous post.

Anyone know what made Gaetano Scirea a special player?

He did not receive a single yellow or red card during his whole carrier  Roll Eyes
That is respect. Smiley Nothing but a genius player without comparison in my eyes.
Not a single defender can match those statistics that Scirea have done in my opinion.

He played 552 games for Juventus. I have to see how many games he played for Atalanta where he started. He also played quite a few games for the Italian national team.

blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 02:08:24 am »

hmm,maybe the most popular bulgarian players are Berbatov and Stoichkov(who is now a really bad trainer) Tongue

My brother is more than me into soccer.

status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:50 am »

Stoichkov was great. Brazilians players are good, we cant said the opposite. Romario is my favourite, now, I think Kaka is the better playmaker. I find Ronaldinho, Messi and other young players too much selfish. I remember a match playing Aimar and Riquelme together, for Argentina sub-20, Aimar scored after a lot of passing between Riquelme and himself, we call that kind of passing "walls". The ideal player for Argentinians are those who can pass the ball just with one touch.
btw, That is a great list, DrGrov, I find Italian defenders the best of the world...

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: