VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 11:57:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing SQL Drivers in QT 3.3.X?  (Read 1768 times)
halfmeg

« on: June 24, 2007, 10:40:05 am »

My concern is about a missing object since QT-3.3.3 version.

I run an application which uses MySQL & QT.  In the QT install of QT-3.3.4 & QT-3.3.5 there has been no 'libsqlmysql.so' located in the /usr/lib/QT-x-x-x/plugins/sqldrivers directory.  I therefore have to remove the QT pre-installed in VL 5.8 and manually add an old Slackware 10.1 repository to obtain QT-3.3.3 which has the plugin in place and MySQL-4-0.24a which I assume is the version where the MySQL headers used by the makefile in QT to build the above plugin comes from.

I attempted to gather the source, both current QT and current MySQL, for the versions available in VL 5.8 but failed in either getting the right stuff or the compile fails perhaps due to older GCC version which might not permit the plugin to be built period.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.  Don't suppose just placing the QT-3.3.3 version in the QT-3.3.5 directory would work since both QT and MySQL have undergone multiple version changes?

Phil
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:59:39 am by JohnB316 » Logged
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:02:16 am »

First, I moved your post from where it was originally posted, as it was not an appropriate reply for the topic of the Qt4 QCA. With that said, please post the terminal output of the following command in this thread:

Code:
cat /etc/vector-version

Thanks,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: