VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 07:57:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: upgrade  (Read 1619 times)
OU812
Vectorite

« on: June 27, 2007, 10:21:44 pm »

Hello. Just for fun - seriously - I launched gslapt and chose to upgrade all packages (except, of course, blacklisted packages). Everything seemed fine until I rebooted. Now, all of the boot images are messed up in some way. For example, there was no grub image. That was easy to fix: modify menu.lst from "menu.xpm" to "menu-grub.xpm". A similar issue occured when loggin in: I got the message that "/opt/kde/share/apps/kdm/themes/GlassLights-SOHO" could not be found. Of course not, the needed folder is "/opt/kde/share/apps/kdm/GlassLights-SOHO". What happened? How do I fix these problems? Thanks.

john

P.S. Also, sometimes I click the kmenu button and click the desktop to close the menu, and a black box is where the menu just was. If I click the menu and the desktop again, problem solved. How about a permanent solution? I think this is related to the upgrade.
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:13 pm »

I recommend you to reinstall your system.....
a full system upgrade using gslapt or slapt-get will crash your system....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:49:40 pm by hata_ph » Logged
OU812
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »

I suppose that might work, but I won't do it until I have finished my experiments. VL is near-perfect for me: I got all of my apps installed. Now I just need to figure out how to solve some sound system problems and figure out how to do upgrades and this one (vl soho 5.Cool is a keeper. Thanks.

john
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:46 pm »

I recommend you to reinstall your system.....
a system upgrade using gslapt or slapt-get will crash your system....
No, this is fixable. I personally wouldn't upgrade all, I stay with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mindset.

This post might help you solve the issue with the glasslight thing:
http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3072.msg18748#msg18748
If it doesn't, search the forum on glasslight, there were more posts about this.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: