VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 08:36:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please read: About "Security Advisories"  (Read 21555 times)
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« on: July 27, 2006, 05:47:52 pm »

(Rescued this from the old Forum) Err... that's twice now  Grin

It seems I've become the de-facto "owner" of the "Security Advisories" sub-forum, so I thought i'd post about what I'm trying to do here:

1- Post advisories on vulnerabilities related to the Linux kernel and software packages which might affect released or development versions of VL, as well as updates on the repository. That means you won't see advisories on Gnome or Evolution vulnerabilities (to name examples), unless they become candidates for inclusion in VL, packages get uploaded to the repository or they are VERY popular for VL users.

2- Notify of Linux kernel or software releases that fix known vulnerabilities that fit #1 above, either from the original developer's site or from "Papa" Slackware.

3- Post advisories on vulnerabilities of phpBB (mainly for the Forum admins). (Not any more, SMF advisories now, lol).

4- Post advisories on vulnerabilities in software commonly used by VL users, as far as I can gather that info from the Forums.

5- Try to maintain a consistent format to the post titles and content.
Disclaimer: All the above will be done to "the best of my abilities and possibilities", including time constraints and mostly very bad net connection.

Please PM me about distro or repository packages whose advisories I'm missing. By the way, volunteer helpers are welcome  Wink, as long as consistency is maintained in the postings  Grin.

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: