VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 08:43:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intel Core Duo has serious bugs  (Read 3516 times)
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: July 01, 2007, 03:06:16 am »

According to this KernelTrap interview with Theo de Raadt, there are quite a few serious probems with Intel's Core 2 Duo processors. Also demonstrated in this graphical overview of the errata:

http://www.geek.com/images/geeknews/2006Jan/core_duo_errata__2006_01_21__full.gif

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:36:51 am »

This make my life a little more difficult. I need to buy a new computer, the current is almost death, and I needed anotherone for the office, so I have not computer at home now!  Sometimes I feel Angry, and sometimes  Cry, I want to be  Smiley Should I go with AMD for that?

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 11:02:50 am »

Well, ultimately its up to you, and there don't seem to be many people complaining about the Core Duo (even though it has some serious flaws), but if I were to buy a new PC now, I'd definitely go with AMD   Smiley

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:09:22 am »

I am with AMD since a few years ago, I have no complains about it. I just got a big cooler, nothing else. But I really dont know how to choose since the dual core tecnology is around. Thanks for the tip!

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Jerry
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:35:11 am »

I'm trying to find the article/data I was looking at just recently addressing that.  The 2006 data linked there
has been addressed in Acer and some other machines, particularly the "T2060 core duo" which is on
Aspire 5610 which resolved the issues early this year.

I remember seeing it first in a mailing list for devels somewhere.  I'll google around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: