VectorLinux
December 17, 2014, 05:58:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music program  (Read 7510 times)
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 05:12:23 pm »

After you install a program with installpkg, it may be necessary to run ldconfig as root at a terminal prompt. I always do this because if there are any libraries the system needs to know about, ldconfig will take care of that.

Then go back to your regular user account and type the name of the executable file (apparently noteedit in this case) at a terminal prompt. If the program runs without errors, fine. You can now start it with an icon and it may be listed in the desktop menu. If you get error messages, post them here and someone will help you find out what you need to do to get rid of them.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 05:49:24 pm »

FWIW, and I should have probably discussed this in the packagers subforum at some point, I add the ldconfig command at the end of install.sh in all my packages that install libraries.

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 06:00:08 pm »

FWIW, and I should have probably discussed this in the packagers subforum at some point, I add the ldconfig command at the end of install.sh in all my packages that install libraries.

joe, you are adding work on MOE-lnx´s vpackager  Cheesy
That is a nice idea, btw.
NoteEdit worked here after installing TSE3, but mine is not a clean install, may be I have other deps by accident  Smiley

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
V3ct0r

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 02:15:54 pm »

Yes you were right, it was the tse, so I installed it, and it works now, although I still did not menage to have any sound from it, but maybe it is just because I still dont know how to use the program.

But although it opens, I get a bunch of warnings:

Code:
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mtpaint.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'graphics/bmp'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mtpaint.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'graphics/jpg'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mtpaint.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'graphics/jpeg'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-javascript'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-python'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-perl'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-php'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-cgi'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/mathml'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-dtd'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-sql'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/bluefish-project.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/bluefish-project'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/bmp'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/g3fax'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-compressed-xcf'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-fits'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-gray'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-png'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-portable-anymap'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-portable-graymap'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-psd'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-sgi'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-sun-raster'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-tga'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-xbitmap'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-xcf'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-xpixmap'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gimp-2.2.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-xwindowdump'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-mpeg2'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/mp3'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kcertpart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/binary-certificate'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xmms.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/mp3'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xmms.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/wav'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/arj'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-bzip-compressed-tar'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-zip-compressed'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/zip'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'multipart/x-zip'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-7z-compressed'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-aac'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/m4a'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-m4a'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/mp1'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-mp1'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/mp2'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/mp3'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-mpg'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/wav'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mhwaveedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-pn-windows-pcm'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/Thunar-folder-handler.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'x-directory/gnome-default-handler'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/Thunar-folder-handler.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'x-directory/normal'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/adie.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/english'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/adie.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-c'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/adie.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-c++'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'katepart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-fortran'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/excel'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-excel'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-ms-excel'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-msexcel'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-xls'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/xls'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-dos_ms_excel'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'zz-application/zz-winassoc-xls'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/csv'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/tab-separated-values'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/comma-separated-values'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/csv'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/spreadsheet'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/tab-separated-values'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-comma-separated-values'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/vnd.lotus-1-2-3'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-123'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-applix-spreadsheet'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-mps'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-oleo'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-planperfect'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-sc'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-sylk'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-xbase'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/gqview.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/bmp'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'Utilities/noteedit.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-notes'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'knotify.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KNotify'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/abiword.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-abiword'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/abiword.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-xml-abiword'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/abiword.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/rtf'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/abiword.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/vnd.plain'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xaralx.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/vnd.xara'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/xaralx.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-extension-xar'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-mpeg2'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-mplayer2'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/avs-video'
LilyPond check: not available.
Setting version to 2.6.3
found version: 2.6.3
TSE3 ALSA MIDI scheduler created
TSE3 Copyright information :(c) Pete Goodliffe, 2000-2002. A Trax Software Product. Version: 0.3.1
QMultiInputContext::changeInputMethod(): index=0, slave=xim
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype ThumbCreator not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype ThumbCreator not found
unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/ksocket-root/vector.linux.net-1020-45f60e87)
Launched ok, pid = 4032
There are already artsd objects registered, looking if they are active...
... cleaned 5 unused mcop global references.

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x1c00904
  Major opcode:  20
  Major opcode:  18

So I am  not sure if I am not getting sound because I dont know how to use the software, or something else...
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 03:21:28 pm »

hmm, those errors are not from sound, I think... They are about your wm config.
Sorry, I just ran the program but my sound-pci-card dont have linux drivers (I send a mail to ego-sys every day  Angry) so I cant tell you if sound was working  Tongue
I will install it again and will see if I can help you to make it run...

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 04:14:51 pm »

well, I re-installed noteedit, and seems to be fine here. As I said, I cant play sound because I have no working soundcard, but there is no error output on my console.
I have that error message you posted running kmix, but no runing noteedit. Strangely, if I try to run kmix again it works  Shocked
Are you able to play sound and .mid files with other programs?
I am affraid I cant help you on this one, may be one of the guys with a good nice tux-friend-soundcard could help? Sorry.

PS: I see on the Settings section of noteedit  we need extra stuff to print the score, I will take a look...

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: