VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 06:15:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Permission Denied" With UFD/Rsync  (Read 1857 times)
gacl
Vectorite

« on: July 05, 2007, 10:26:17 am »

Hi!

I'm trying to make a back-up of all my files, but, while in the past the USB flash drive was recognized easily by vl-hot, i can't do that now because i've encrypted the drive with truecrypt and it has to be mapped by root. However, while i have no problems mounting as root, i want to mount as a user, and rsync gives me the dreaded "permission denied errors".

I've tried as many options as i can think of to no avail. Any ideas?

Code:
/dev/mapper/truecrypt0 /mnt/sda1 reiserfs ? 0 0

Thanks.

Gus

“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers
gacl
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:15:08 pm »

OK, i have no problems mounting as a user but i still have a permissions problem. Umask doesn't work, user doesn't work, uid doesn't work, changing the owner of the mount point doesn't work. . .

Code:
/dev/mapper/truecrypt0 /mnt/sda1 reiserfs rw,user 0 0

“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers
gacl
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »

I've found the answer to this at LQ:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=566968

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: