VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 11:57:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gslapt & KDE and other stuff question  (Read 4145 times)
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 03:28:34 pm »

Xfce is already done.  While version 4.3.99rc2 was compiled without language support the version 4.4.0 packages vector built have it all included.  If you set the variables I listed above and then logout and login again you'll get Spanish menus.  Xfce 4.4.0 is in the patches respository.  That isn't enabled by default in Standard but it should be.  If you're still running Standard you will need to add the following to your /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file:
SOURCE=ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.8/patches/

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
VLocity Linux 7.0-rc1

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video
VL 7.0 Light
curchunflo

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 03:30:28 pm »

thank you very much!!!!
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 04:19:14 pm »

Hey Guys and Gals:
Want to see bad English? aTke the spel chek off thiis forumb.
Regards
Darrell

LOL!  That's me!  My wife tells me I can build a space shuttle, but would have to ask her how to spell it.  Thank you Firefox spell check. 

I have never noticed that spell check button in this "Make Post" window.  I need more sleep.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 04:51:57 pm »

Xfce is already done.  While version 4.3.99rc2 was compiled without language support the version 4.4.0 packages vector built have it all included.  If you set the variables I listed above and then logout and login again you'll get Spanish menus.  Xfce 4.4.0 is in the patches respository.  That isn't enabled by default in Standard but it should be.  If you're still running Standard you will need to add the following to your /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file:
SOURCE=ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.8/patches/

That's great cait, thanks, I will test it as soon as I can. I have several friends who dont use vl just because of this, and a few uncles too  Cheesy

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 08:12:07 pm »

Thanks a lot, caitlyn. That deserves a HOW-TO.
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 09:26:49 pm »

We used to have several language HOW-TOs.  They all disappeared.  I've been skittish about writing any since then waiting for the forum to be restored.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
VLocity Linux 7.0-rc1

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video
VL 7.0 Light
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 03:54:56 am »

I was testing some stuff. Almost every app is working fine, all the gtkĀ“s of course, just some strings are missing. The terminal works fine too, the man pages well... I just found one page translated, I am a little perverse so I did:

Code:
# man man

That was the only man page in spanish, I will search some man packages on the net...
The non-gtk apps needs extra packs, some ones are easy, like oo or firefox. The gecko browsers, once you export the LANG var the update system do the job, but seems like you need to reinstall the hole app, no lang pack found atm. Opera has lang packs easy to install, just cp some files on the proper location.
Some surprises: gambas2 is translated, thunar, the rigth-click menu with the exeption of the custom actions added by vl.
So, looks like we need just a few steps.
Curchunflo, looks like all the apps you need are there, Abiword and Gnumeric are well translated, you need to install the spell packs only, as Caitlyn said. The browsers, like I said above, opera is the easy one, the others you need to spend a little more of bandwidth.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: