VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 06:01:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: firefox icon  (Read 1218 times)
ramesh

« on: July 12, 2007, 07:43:41 am »

Hi all,

How can I replace the blue globe icon for firefox with the original firefox icon  ?
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:02:53 am »

ramesh,

I assume your referring to either the desktop icon or the panel icon.  For the panel icon, right click on the icon, and select "properties" from the menu.  A dialog box will appear.  On the right side there will be "Name," "Description," and then a little box with the current icon, followed by a field, followed by an icon of a folder.  Click on that icon of the folder, and then navigate to /usr/share/icons.  Since I'm not sure which exact icon you want, you'll need to sift through there to find the right Firefox icon.  For the desktop icon, right click on the icon, and select "Edit Launcher."  The process for changing this one is almost exactly the same as for the panel icon.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: