VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Request for vfat compiled in cd kernels  (Read 1782 times)

apock627

Request for vfat compiled in cd kernels
« on: July 27, 2007, 04:14:19 am »

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I know there was at least one thread which touched on this, since the demise of forum 1 i thought, but I can't find it now.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if future kernels on the setup cd could include vfat compiled in (meaning the kernel that gets loaded from the cd if you boot a linux hard drive partition from the cd using "linux root=/dev/hdax"). My old VL 5.1 did, but the sata kernel at least of VL5.8 standard doesn't. I've always relied on using the cd to boot to linux a few times at least until i get lilo or grub sorted out, and i need write access to a partition i can get to from windows to copy the boot sector of the linux partition across.

I'm sure there are heaps of good workarounds i could have used, feel free to point them out. It's sorted now though (using SystemRescue CD)

Thanks