VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 01:55:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vector SOHO usb problems  (Read 1446 times)
timesarehard4dreamers

« on: July 12, 2007, 07:49:04 am »

Hi, i've been using various Linux Distros for awhile now, and recently come accross vectorlinux as i like the fact it has dvdcss/play and vlc media player included. I have installed the SOHO version on two of my pcs (asus k8ux/amd sempron 2800+ and ecs/sempron 2800). Both machines have the same problem - usb sticks don't mount properly. I checked under /mnt and there is a folder alocated but its empty. Also, the active light on the stick doesnt glow. Usb is fine on both pcs as it works in other distros and windows, and i've tried other usb sticks to no avail. Any ideas?
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:07:12 am »

Did you give the system a few seconds (some lousy sticks/memory cards don't mount very fast)? Did you not get a USB memory device icon pop up on your screen after a few seconds? It should be there. You then click the icon to open up the file manager.

If you don't get any of that then unplug the USB device, open up a terminal and type "tail -f /var/log/messages" and then plug in the USB stick again. We then need you to post the messages output to the terminal to this thread so we can diagnose your problem. You do that by highlighting the text with your mouse, go into the forum and then paste the text into the window with a middle mouse click.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: