VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 01:17:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lan?  (Read 1769 times)
zaio

« on: July 15, 2007, 02:01:59 am »

i'm in lan network but i don't have asses to the my lan how can i asses to the other computers 
this is my furst time to use linux
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:59:58 am »

Please tell us what version of Vector you are using. And are you trying to access other Linux computers, or Windows? Is the LAN wired or wireless? Are you able to access the internet using Linux?

zaio

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:12:39 am »

yes i can access  to internet
LAN wired
Vector soho 5.8
i try to access to Windows computers
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:23:43 am »

Good setup  Smiley

You should be able to see your win boxes from VL as it is.
Go to windows computer, make sure at least one folder is shared. Next, click "start" then "run". Type in cmd and hit enter. In the box that pops up, type ipconfig and hit enter. You should see some information which includes the IP address. Take a note of the IP address

Now go to VL, open Konqueror (file manager). Hit F6 for the address bar and type smb://IP_address_of_win_box then hit enter. If that works, you can then make a bookmark in Konqueror which makes it easy to open it in the future.
zaio

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »

thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: