VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 05:22:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't add sources to gslapt  (Read 2261 times)
apock627

« on: July 21, 2007, 03:49:14 am »

I've got a few tlz packages I've downloaded and want to get them listed in gslapt. I've tried putting them in the working directory
/home/ftp/pub/veclinux/packages/

I've tried putting them in my home directory and adding it as a source.
Edit->Preferences-Sources
file:///home/david
and also manually editing /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc

When I update I get an error message
This package source failed or is not available. Do you want to disable this source and continue anyway?

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
DrGrov
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 05:12:19 am »

Hi there!

If you want your tlz packages to be listed in gslapt you will need to install them first.

Do the following steps:

1. Open your favorite terminal
2. Type "su" and login as root (su is like root but not needing to login separately as root)
3. Go to the directory where you have the .tlz packages and type the following as root: "installpkg name-of-file.tlz"
4. After it has been installed you can open gslapt and the package will be listed there.

Hope this helps you! Smiley

Stop complaining about everything, do something about it instead.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:32:57 am »

If you were wanting to make a new sources folder on your computer.

Download this http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.8/packages/makeinfo-slapt into the folder with the packages.
Make it executable
chmode +x makeinfo.slapt

then run it
./makeinfo-slapt all

Then using gslapt add that folder to your sources.

Note: Each time you add new packages to your "local repo" you need to rerun makeinfo-slapt.

Viola!
apock627

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:37:52 am »

Brilliant. Thanks
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 06:38:39 am »

Oh...  wanted to add.  When you update your "local repo"  You will also need to update your Gslapt as well for them to be seen.  Just to keep you from forgetting  Smiley
bad_gui

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:42:44 pm »

What if I build packages from source?  Installpkg writes a local file.tlz    I tried to copy this to
 /home/ftp/pub/veclinux/packages/ but gslapt doesn't see it.  What if I install an updated
package from source- for example I built and installed libgpod-0.6.0.  If I want to download
amarok will it bring libgpod-0.5.2 with itself or use libgpod-0.6.0 I installed?  If not how do I
alter the association so it uses the newer library?
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »

Hi Bad_gui, when building from sources you can use checkinstall -L to make a tlz package. You can install it with installpkg then. The system database will register it and also you can uninstall / upgrade with slapt-get or gslapt. For more (and better) info you can take a look at the packaging howto on the how to's forum. It is no valid for packaging for the repos any more, since the requisites to submit a package have been changed, but is still useful for a good software management.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
bad_gui

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:39:21 pm »

My mistake.   "checkinstall -L --fstrans=no"  then   installpkg  filename.tlz worked great.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: