VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Picasa troubles (solved)  (Read 3047 times)

carsten

• Vectorite
  • I know why birds sing ...
Picasa troubles (solved)
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »

Hy together,
after the tragic incident with an attempt to resize my partions I had to do complete re-install.
One of my favorite applications is Picasa (Linux-Version). It is installed and running fine so far, but every first start after boot it tells me:

/dev/nvidia0 or /dev/nvidiactl are not accessable, Picasa will crash if the files are not accessable. To fix this, as root, please run:

chmod 666 /dev/nvidia0 /dev/nvidiactl

Easy enough, and afterwards it runs. But it will be the same every time again. Can somebody explain this or has a permanent cure?

Btw, my box is staring a Nvidia GForce 5500, running on the legacy-driver of Vector 5.8 Standard

Carsten

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:23:03 pm by carsten »
Tam exacte ut oportet, non ut licet!

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: Picasa troubles
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:38:22 pm »

...chmod 666 /dev/nvidia0 /dev/nvidiactl[/color]
Easy enough, and afterwards it runs. But it will be the same every time again. Can somebody explain this or has a permanent cure?

I am not sure but try adding that line to the bottom of your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

carsten

• Vectorite
  • I know why birds sing ...
Re: Picasa troubles (solved)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:25:29 pm »

Hy,
that did it  :D
I will chant 1000 songs to praise your wisdom and charitable mindset  ;D

Carsten
Tam exacte ut oportet, non ut licet!