VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 05:59:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: imagemagick  (Read 4477 times)
ghartl1
Vectorite

« on: July 24, 2007, 06:04:32 am »

hi,

i am using soho 5.8 with kde

i am looking for a piece of software...ImageMagick.

is ist out of the box included? nor  i found it via gslapt??

afaik is this a  software to convert images in its size(per gui..you can handle it also with cli, but gui wouldd be an asset)

any hints, where i can get it?(maybe i unintentionally deleted it from the box..not sure now, because i never checked dependencies)

greets günter
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:21:48 am »

type
convert
in a console.  You should see plenty of output if you have imagemagick installed.  I seem to remember the option to install it during the VL install process.  I see it in my Gslapt, its in the proper "packages" repo.

roseway
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:23:06 am »

Open a terminal and type 'display'.

Eric
ghartl1
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:34:47 am »

thanks for the hints...weird

i did a which ImageMagick..and the system didnt found it (maybe the path-variable dont fit)

anyway...
is there a way, where i can resize a image per gui...i saw a screenshot in the internet with a menue on the left side of the image)
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:31:24 am »

You can install it from here if you dont have it in the system
http://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware-12.0/slackware/xap/imagemagick-6.3.3_9-i486-1.tgz

ghartl1
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:36:09 am »

thanks a lot..thats it

greets günter
saulgoode
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:07:42 am »

ImageMagick is set of commandline tools, none of which are actually called 'imagemagick' (or anything similar).

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
incognu
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:18 pm »

They come in handy, especially for resizing (or otherwise manipulating) a number of images at once.  Another cool little image tool is pngcrush, for optimising png images for file size (cli only).

Vector Linux 6.0 Light
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 03:02:53 am »

Open a terminal and type 'display'.

I had no idea!  I expected some output in the console.  Not a cute little gui popping up.  Always learning.  Smiley
roseway
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 04:05:11 am »

It's not exactly an intuitive command is it? Smiley I picked it up on another forum where a participant discovered it by accident.

Eric
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 06:52:50 am »

By coincidence, just came across this:
http://www.linuxforums.org/multimedia/image_processing_with_imagemagick,_qiv_and_friends.html

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
incognu
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 12:50:34 pm »

Good link, Joe.  I bookmarked this a few months ago: Graphics from the command line

You can also change the image comment: convert -comment "mind yer own beeswax, ya nosey parker" input.png output.png

Actually, I recall a suggestion that images include their licence in the comment ... so that command could come in handy.

Vector Linux 6.0 Light
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: