VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 08:35:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Picasa troubles (solved)  (Read 2618 times)
carsten
Vectorite

I know why birds sing ...

« on: July 24, 2007, 11:12:40 am »

Hy together,
after the tragic incident with an attempt to resize my partions I had to do complete re-install.
One of my favorite applications is Picasa (Linux-Version). It is installed and running fine so far, but every first start after boot it tells me:

/dev/nvidia0 or /dev/nvidiactl are not accessable, Picasa will crash if the files are not accessable. To fix this, as root, please run:

chmod 666 /dev/nvidia0 /dev/nvidiactl

Easy enough, and afterwards it runs. But it will be the same every time again. Can somebody explain this or has a permanent cure?

Btw, my box is staring a Nvidia GForce 5500, running on the legacy-driver of Vector 5.8 Standard

Carsten

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 12:23:03 pm by carsten » Logged

Tam exacte ut oportet, non ut licet!
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:38:22 am »

...chmod 666 /dev/nvidia0 /dev/nvidiactl[/color]
Easy enough, and afterwards it runs. But it will be the same every time again. Can somebody explain this or has a permanent cure?

I am not sure but try adding that line to the bottom of your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
carsten
Vectorite

I know why birds sing ...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:25:29 pm »

Hy,
that did it  Cheesy
I will chant 1000 songs to praise your wisdom and charitable mindset  Grin

Carsten

Tam exacte ut oportet, non ut licet!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: