VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 01:27:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for vfat compiled in cd kernels  (Read 1585 times)
apock627

« on: July 27, 2007, 03:14:19 am »

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I know there was at least one thread which touched on this, since the demise of forum 1 i thought, but I can't find it now.

Anyway i just wanted to ask if future kernels on the setup cd could include vfat compiled in (meaning the kernel that gets loaded from the cd if you boot a linux hard drive partition from the cd using "linux root=/dev/hdax"). My old VL 5.1 did, but the sata kernel at least of VL5.8 standard doesn't. I've always relied on using the cd to boot to linux a few times at least until i get lilo or grub sorted out, and i need write access to a partition i can get to from windows to copy the boot sector of the linux partition across.

I'm sure there are heaps of good workarounds i could have used, feel free to point them out. It's sorted now though (using SystemRescue CD)

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: