VectorLinux
August 27, 2014, 02:53:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Bring back the speaker icon!  (Read 2202 times)
Verlager

« on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:44 am »

Suggestion: Bring back the little speaker icon to control the master volume. It was easy to use, self-explanatory, and a no-brainer; people used it. The replacement Kmix piano key mixer applet is too busy, ugly and complicated. A simple icon is better for the average person.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:06:10 pm by Verlager » Logged

Fear believes; courage doubts. Fear falls upon the earth and prays; courage stands erect and thinks. Fear retreats; courage advances. Fear is barbarism; courage is civilization. Fear believes in witchcraft, in devils and in ghosts. Fear is religion, courage is science. —Robert Ingersoll
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 04:51:18 am »

Suggestion: Bring back the little speaker icon to control the master volume. It was easy to use, self-explanatory, and a no-brainer; people used it. The replacement Kmix piano key mixer applet is too busy, ugly and complicated. A simple icon is better for the average person.

You mean YOU used it. I don't think kmix is ugly and complicated. It might look a little busy, but that's because there's a lot of options/volumes to set or not. Looks and works better than most other mixers IMO.

What "little speaker icon" do you mean? Kmix has a speaker icon in the tray.

I think it works real easy. You don't have to look at all the other sliders, but they are there when you need them.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Verlager

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 04:37:05 pm »

Yeah! That's the icon I want. How can I get that little speaker icon? I right-clicked on the quick-launch bar and selected Add Applet to Panel,. I have several icons in the taskbar tray or "kicker" reading from R-L: digital time, KOrganizer reminder daemon, Klipper clipboard tool, Pidgin IM icon, {EMPTY SPACE}, The horrid Kmix piano key applet, the weather applet, etc. But no speaker icon. How can I get the same one that you have?

Fear believes; courage doubts. Fear falls upon the earth and prays; courage stands erect and thinks. Fear retreats; courage advances. Fear is barbarism; courage is civilization. Fear believes in witchcraft, in devils and in ghosts. Fear is religion, courage is science. —Robert Ingersoll
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:48:18 pm »

Start Kmix from the "start menu" and that should do it.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:59:11 pm »

Headacher

Is that the "stand alone" kmix you built?
Verlager

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:05:50 pm »

Excellent. Solved!

The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 02:41:29 am »

Is that the "stand alone" kmix you built?
It sure is exeterdad. It works fine.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: