Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How to set a static IP  (Read 1865 times)

How to set a static IP
« on: July 29, 2007, 07:46:12 am »

I am a brand new user to version 5.8 standard. I really like how well VL runs on my old Pentium 2 laptop. I am having a problem getting Azureus to work: it keeps saying that it is firewalled. I have turned off the firewall in VL, and forwarded the correct ports through my router, to no avail.  One of the suggestions on the Azureus site is to set a static IP.  I can't figure out how to do this on VL. Any help appreciated. Please give basic instructions, as I am linux newbie.

• Vectorian
Re: How to set a static IP
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 08:01:31 am »

This is from the included documentation:

• Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: How to set a static IP
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:07:43 am »

To add to this, I had some difficulty getting any BitTorrent client to work properly, even though I had disabled the firewall in VL (I thought). However using the SERVICE section of VASM to disable the firewall service in every run level, followed by a reboot, solved the problem. The router has got uPNP enabled, and this now works with both Azureus and KTorrent.