VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 09:43:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gimpshop  (Read 1948 times)
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« on: August 05, 2007, 01:18:22 pm »

Has anyone tried Gimpshop? I hadn't heard of it until today, when I was browsing the Puppy (Linux) site and found that someone had incorporated it into a branch of Puppy.

Here it is;

http://gimpshopdotnet.blogspot.com/

Apparently, it's a derivative of Gimp that's been made more user friendly than the original, akin to Photoshop; the downside is that it takes quite a bit of packaging as there are several necessary component libraries.

For myself, I don't do a lot of intensive graphics work so mtpaint usually suits me fine.

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:54:37 pm »

Yes, I used it some time ago. The only nice change I noted was the windows, gimpshop puts all the windows of gimp as childs of another maximized window. If you close / iconify / whatever you do with the root window, all the parents do the same, as in photoshop. I found all those gimp windows a little annoying and hard to manage, but I am used to them now. I think uninstalled it because of some changes on the menu, I was to used to the standard gimp config.
It is an option, I guess El Gimp is not too much user friendly anyway.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: