VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 03:46:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whiteubuntu  (Read 3104 times)
roseway
Packager
Vectorite

« on: August 04, 2007, 02:09:28 am »

Is this serious or just a sick joke?

http://www.whitebuntu.org/

Eric
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 02:55:22 am »

Angry Angry Angry

I seriously hope this is a joke (and even so, it would be a very sick one too).

Freeman
Tester
Vectorite

Choice to the user!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 03:34:48 am »

This is really sick... Bad for the linux image...

It's better to die 10 times, than never to have loved at all.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:41:34 am »

I could not continue reading it. Too much for me.

Bigpaws
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 04:18:17 am »

Looks like a joke to me. For instance the picture on the mainpage:

This picture doesn't look like the thing a racist movement would put on it's mainpage, wasted white kids are not something to be proud of, not even for white supremacists.

Also, there's no actual download, and the only topic in the forum is about something that happened on another forum when they asked what race the developers of some program are.

Basically, looks like some kids who want attention to me.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 04:27:33 am »

Also, there's no actual download, and the only topic in the forum is about something that happened on another forum when they asked what race the developers of some program are.

Basically, looks like some kids who want attention to me

Indeed, it looks like some trolls want attention.

Still, the important thing is to ignore the site, don't bother posting anything their forum or blog or getting worked up in public. Soon it will just whither and die.

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 05:52:36 am »

Read their blog:

http://www.whitebuntu.org/blog/

Some of you may know that ‘chomp’ is a command in Perl. In fact, it’s a very common command in Perl. It’s used in almost every program. What you may not know is that it is racist, and by using it, programmers around the world are pronouncing their irrational hatred of white people.

You see, what the chomp command actually does is this: it deletes all “unnecessary” white space. That’s right. Not black space. Not red space. Not even yellow space. White space. Larry Wall, ladies and gentlemen, is a bona fide racist. Chomp — it’s like the Holocaust, but for white people. Perl is an evil language, used to support evil causes.

It's a painfully obvious jest and, at the risk of sounding like a pig, incredibly funny.

Lighten up guys, it's like Dave Chapelle's 'Clayton Bigsby' character:

Edit:

And they turned the Ubuntu logo into a triskelion. Ridiculous!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:30:32 am by hanumizzle » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Toe

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 12:06:30 pm »

There's quite a few like that out there, actually.  Ubuntu Satanic Edition, for example.  http://ubuntusatanic.org/
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 01:18:45 pm »

"Software made by white people for white people."  Hmmm  Just how do they intend on filtering out all the open source software that wasn't developed completely by white people?  their distro may easily fit on a floppy.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 01:42:50 pm »

WARNING:  Link below may be offensive to some, and probably Not Safe For Work, at least at some places of  work.

Yeah, another fake Linux distro, kind of like this one but not even remotely funny.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:45:26 pm by tomh38 » Logged

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 01:50:11 pm »

A few more fake Linux distros and other things:  http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=fun.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 07:38:21 pm »

"Software made by white people for white people."  Hmmm  Just how do they intend on filtering out all the open source software that wasn't developed completely by white people?  their distro may easily fit on a floppy.

Yeah...kind of like how racists post propaganda on YouTube when the site was created partly by a Bangladeshi and a Chinese man.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: