VectorLinux
August 01, 2014, 01:36:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't login to my bank account  (Read 18771 times)
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:28 pm »

works fine here on 5.8.6 SOHO seamonkey 1.1.3 and Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48
could you try a new user account and also the root account?
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2007, 08:35:11 pm »

Jerry: sorry if I was sounding arrogant, it simply seemed to me reading your posts of 06:58PM and 05:59PM where you stated the same thing twice while we had already answered why other distros might not have a problem (different flash version with different browser versions between distros plus the fact that Opera works fine under VL 5.8 SOHO suggests it is not a "distro" problem, but rather a flash-browser-website problem). Admittedly FF, Seamonkey and the Flash plugin are part of our distro  Wink

At any rate I have done some more research - both Opera and Konqueror work fine with that website under VL SOHO 5.8, so in the meantime when you need to access your bank account you could use one of those two browsers instead of Firefox or SeaMonkey ( I have the same problem with www.westjet.com - it does not work properly with Opera so I have to switch to Firefox!).

Also, I did a Flash upgrade to v9.0.48 from v9.0.31 and it made no difference, and neither did an upgrade to Firefox 2.0.6. So there appears to be something more serious here, but I still do think it is a flash-mozilla-website inconsistency rather than a distro problem per se, otherwise Konqueror and Opera would not work.

Any other ideas anyone?

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »

works fine here on 5.8.6 SOHO seamonkey 1.1.3 and Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48
could you try a new user account and also the root account?

uelsk8s: does it work using the "Access ID" as well as the "First time login" fields? Because I have SM 1.1.3 and Flash r48 here on SOHO 5.8 and it hangs if you put in fake data into "Access ID". Whereas in Opera and Konqueror it at least gives you a failed login. This is the error Jerry is experiencing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:49:47 pm by lagagnon » Logged

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 05:20:18 am »

it only works with the first time login fields
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 06:25:40 am »

Jerry, I apologies too if something I said offends you. I understand your frustration, but we are all trying to help you. All the hard work is done on the server side, and some times from the client side. This is the second case. The server take a request and send a flash object to your browser, with some javascript code too. The javascript checks if you have the plugin installed, and if it is, it sends the flash object to the flash plugin. Something is failing in that trip. We need to know exactly where in all that points the problem is. And we go to the more easy to check to the more difficult. If the lamp of your living room is not working, you don't buy a new house, you check if that filament is not broken  Tongue.
We know now an upgrade of the plugin doesnt solve your problem, so as I said, we are looking for another solution  Smiley could be some combination between https and flash, we'll see.

My best bet now: for some reason (could be vl´s fault Wink) Mozilla is not downloading and installing the certificate properly. This is the process: an applet is installed in the browser  to use cryptographic functions and build a shared key used to validate a session in both sides, the client and the server side. We need to be sure tls/ssl is enabled and check our security settings to ensure the applet installation is possible. Could anybody check this? I am not at my vl box, sorry Sad.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:40:20 am by rbistolfi » Logged

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 10:46:16 am »

hmm, looks like there is no problem there, the site use tsl1.0 and the certificates seems to be loaded properly. btw, I am experiencing the problem on this w2000 box.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: