VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Gimpshop  (Read 2074 times)

Colonel Panic

• Vectorian
Gimpshop
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:18:22 pm »

Has anyone tried Gimpshop? I hadn't heard of it until today, when I was browsing the Puppy (Linux) site and found that someone had incorporated it into a branch of Puppy.

Here it is;

http://gimpshopdotnet.blogspot.com/

Apparently, it's a derivative of Gimp that's been made more user friendly than the original, akin to Photoshop; the downside is that it takes quite a bit of packaging as there are several necessary component libraries.

For myself, I don't do a lot of intensive graphics work so mtpaint usually suits me fine.

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Gimpshop
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:54:37 pm »

Yes, I used it some time ago. The only nice change I noted was the windows, gimpshop puts all the windows of gimp as childs of another maximized window. If you close / iconify / whatever you do with the root window, all the parents do the same, as in photoshop. I found all those gimp windows a little annoying and hard to manage, but I am used to them now. I think uninstalled it because of some changes on the menu, I was to used to the standard gimp config.
It is an option, I guess El Gimp is not too much user friendly anyway.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!