VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 11:46:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 problems  (Read 3015 times)
GojaN

« on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:15 pm »

Hi all!!

I install 5.8 STD in a machine with AMD K6-2, 128M, 10G and i got this problems:

1 - xfce forgot the icons on the panel.....and some times the panel die and i must run it from the "Run Command".
2 - PinGin die with the message "....there is a bug.....", when it was perfectly running before shutdown. (I didn't change anything)

Also i get some programs that finish with a "Invalid Location" error...... i try to reinstall but doesn't work Sad

Thankes!!!!
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:31:50 pm »

re: Xfce icon problems, you need to install Xfce 4.4.0 from the patches repository.  4.3.99rc2 did have some bugs in the area you describe.

I don't use pidgin so I can't help there.  Sad

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
GojaN

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:41:22 pm »

Thank you very much for answer!!
The problem with de panel is done  Wink

Now the pidgin...... it's resive a "segment violation" error when starts up and interprets it as a bug...
The creepy thing is that ffmpg and unrar do the "same" thing.....both end whit a message "Invalid Instruction" or some thing similar, however this error don't annuls the ejecution (only print ti's out in the end) but both progs can't do their job (the error don't allow ffmpg to conver video and unrar don't extract archives).

....anyway some one know other "msn-like" soft?Huh

Thanks again!

PD: i continue looking for the reason of the "memory errors" any news will be posted Smiley
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:08:21 pm »

Kopete (KDE app) does instant messaging. Pidgin has been rock solid for me on Linux and Windows alike, so there may be deeper problems.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
GojaN

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:54:11 pm »

Hi!!

I got news! Smiley

Now I can run pidgin with out problems but only in "root mode" =/

What can I probe???
I can't find a config file for some like this....
GojaN

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:17:53 pm »

If to somebody matters the solution to the problem of pidgin was moving (bakup) all files in HOME/.purple and copi there all of /root/.purple

Thanks a lot Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: