VectorLinux
July 25, 2014, 05:26:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WiFi Problem  (Read 1496 times)
askr

« on: August 08, 2007, 10:39:26 am »

Hi Guys, I'm generally a n00b when it comes to Linux, so I'd appreciate some help.

I got VL 5.8 SOHO running with almost no problems.

WiFi Card - Zyxel ZyAir G-100.
KDE sees it as eth0, disabled but is unable to start it - "Please enable the card manually".
I try
Code:
ifconfig eth0 up
and it gives me:
Code:
SIOCSIFFLAGS - no such file or directory

And so I have no WiFi. Sad

lspici gives:
Code:
Intersil Corp Prism GT/Prism Javelin ISL3890 / Prism Javelin/Prism Xbow ISL 3886 (rev 01)

Thanks for your help!
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 10:42:30 am »

askr: there is a wonderful howto in our HOWTO forum concerning wireless. I suggest you start there and if you still have problems after those suggestions come back here nd we'll help some more: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1282.0

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
askr

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 01:44:09 pm »

I know about that one, and it does'nt help me Sad

My card uses the prism54 module.

VASM does'nt find the card.
I did depmod-aq, modprobe prism54, manualy edited /etc/modprobe.conf, restarted ifplugd, rebooted th pc and still no luck.

ifconfig gives me only eth0 and lo Sad
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 09:38:21 am »

Double-check to make sure that /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist doesn't list your module (or make sure that it's commented out).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: