VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 10:34:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: LXP  (Read 8358 times)
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 12:49:37 am »

Personally I'd love a version of Icewm that when installed from the repo lookes like the IceWM that we had for 5.1 - how do you get it so the icons on the task bar are not in boxes, ie transparent edges to them?  I thought that that was the best looking IceWM ever... OK Icons supplied by using ROX, would be good to have a meta package that could install all that and the themes - now if you try installing icewm you end up with the stock looks and feel.  If we did that then we would largely replicate the look/feel that people want for XP, by which they largely mean a "start" button bottom left, icons on the desktop and a hierarchical menu structure for launching programs.  (which just about every window manager can provide).  I think also there would be some copyright issues with producing identical icons to those used in Windows, especially using the IE icon for firefox, Word for OpenOffice Writer etc
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 03:23:46 pm »

...Just saw it uses XFE. I know its a capible file manager but no...just...BLEH. ... Just wish there was a file manager that did a better job at mimiking 9x's explorer.
Personally I know of no other Linux software that is such a good mimic of the Win98 file explorer as is xfe so I really don't know what you mean. The .xferc file can be adjusted considerably to make it almost a carbon copy in looks and facilities.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Will
Vectorite

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 03:28:13 pm »

this i did not know about. Any ideas on how I would go about this?
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 03:42:46 pm »

this i did not know about. Any ideas on how I would go about this?
http://roland65.free.fr/xfe/index.php?page=docs

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: