VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 03:51:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: editing pdf files - flpsed install problem (solved)  (Read 1463 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: September 13, 2007, 12:45:44 am »

Well, it doesn't surprise me that I am having this problem.  Need to fill in the blanks on pdf forms.  I generally use flpsed.  Its better than typing in the blanks with a typewriter.

Tried tonight to put flpsed on vector 5.8.  Flpsed requires fltk v1.1.x, a pretty big file. Couldn't find it in gslapt so downloaded tar.gz file and unpacked and ran make and it seemed to install fine.  I then unpacked flpsed 5.0 and ran ./configure and after checking a lot of files, blew up saying it could not find fltk.config. 

Since this is, I think, only the second time I have not used gslapt to install something on vector, I may be doing a lot wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions, either how to install flpsed or how to find some other program that will edit pdf files on Vector 5.8 great. 

John
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:44:57 am by lawquest » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:04:41 am »

there is an fltk 1.1.7 package in the "extra" repository.

To add the "extra" repository, start gslapt, open the preferences dialog (CTRL+P), go to the "Sources" tab. There, add: 

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.8/extra/ 

Make sure you press "Add" before pressing "OK", or the repository will not be added! Now, if you press OK after adding the repo it will ask if you want to download the package lists and such. Let it do this. when it's finished, search for fltk.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:44:14 am »

Works perfectly!.  Thanks The Headacher.  You should be called The Aspirin.

(I had the cs.utah extras repository for some reason and perhaps FLTK wasn't in it).

John
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:48:18 am by lawquest » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: