Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hi from Nunavut  (Read 2159 times)

Hi from Nunavut
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:00:37 pm »

As my older Windows desktop slowly deteriorated into complete uselessness and I was not looking forward to buying a new PC, on a lark I ordered the Vector Linux SOHO CD and made the jump to Linux. 

I'm not completely new to Linux from past employment - but having it on the home PC (for my wife & kids too) was a big step.

Very impressed!  The computer is MUCH faster - totally renewed.  Lots of games for the kids and my wife can still access her MSN and digital camera (her two main uses)!

Very happy I made the switch.

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Hi from Nunavut
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:48:01 pm »

Hello to the Great North, North, North!  Did I mention North? lol
Welcome.  Glad you made the switch.  Ask all the questions you need.  We're not letting you go back.  :D

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:02:31 pm »

I had to look up Nunavut...sounded like an Inuit name and indeed you live in what other Arctic dwellers might call "ett rätt knullande kallt landskap" (a true f---ing cold province)!

Welcome to VL fora...
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:40:05 am »

Welcom J! Enjoy VL!
Hi, Hanu, I missed those linguistic comments this week  :)
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.