VectorLinux
September 16, 2014, 03:01:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: setup for 2nd HD  (Read 1240 times)
trucker33377

« on: August 12, 2007, 11:35:12 am »

OK here goes. Ive got a C: drive 250 gig and a D: 120 gig . jumpers are set for master and slave. i would like to make the slave use vector and leave xp on C for now. how do i set this up so when i boot up i can use grub to pick. as it is right now D drive is useless to me for anything other then storage.

SIMPER FI
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:27:24 pm »

The VectorLinux installer, along with its included partitioning program will sort it our for you, but you will need to understand a bit about partitioning and the nomenclature used by Unix/Linux re hard drives. Also lilo or grub will find your XP partition and will put it in the boot menu so you need not worry about that.

I suggest you read our documentation first re partitioning here: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/docs/vl58/manuals/vl5_installation_guide_en.html#partitioning

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
trucker33377

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:14:23 pm »

i   got it  done  Wink but right now i don't have sound working  yet. just to make sure i   unhooked drive with windows on it and setup linux partitions then reconnected everything on reboot. hope this works out ok there was and old windows install on that drive.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:20:10 pm by trucker33377 » Logged

SIMPER FI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: