VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 03:44:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orage (Calendar) Automatically Starts  (Read 3037 times)
mymarkers

« on: August 12, 2007, 07:34:48 pm »

Does anybody know how to stop Orage (the calendar program) from running automatically? I opened it once to look at the calendar, and now it opens every time I start XFCE. I can't find any options in the program to disable this behavior. Moreover, I checked /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and found the line:

Code:
orage &

I thought I had found the culprit, and deleted that line. But the next time I started XFCE, Orage popped up again. I check /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, and the other files in /etc/X11/xinit, and there were no calls to Orage in there. Where else can I look to stop this? It's only a minor nuisance, but I'd like to fix it.

Edit:

I'm using 5.8 Standard Edition.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:36:36 pm by mymarkers » Logged
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 09:32:57 pm »

You probably set xfce to restore session on your logout screen and the last thing it remembers is that you had orage loaded. Make sure orage is not loaded, choose remember session on logout and you should be OK. Then you might want to remove remember session because it really has very little to recommend it!

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
mymarkers

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:36:10 am »

I figured it out. It turns out that closing the window and quitting the program weren't the same thing. As somebody raised on Macintosh computers, I'm ashamed I didn't make the distinction.
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:50:27 am »

A somewhat different problem about Orage; is it possible to load it when using a different window manager than Xfce, for example IceWM, without loading the whole xfdesktop?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:48:39 am by Colonel Panic » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: