VectorLinux
April 20, 2014, 03:59:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: java is not displaing right  (Read 1214 times)
trucker33377

« on: August 13, 2007, 04:50:25 pm »

had this same thing with ubuntu also. did some things in term with sudo but sudo wont work here how do i fix it?
sudo update-alternatives --config java

SIMPER FI
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:26:12 pm »

I don't really know what you mean - "java not displaying right". Java is a programming language, not a display tool. If you mean not working, what java application is not working? Java is installed by default on VL5.8 and others here have not yet complained of java not working - at least what I remember from forum postings. Please explain your problem in more detail.

VectorLinux is not UbuntuLinux - we do not use sudo very often and we do not use apt-get to install programs. Instead of sudo we use a "root" account with a root password to do all sys-admin tasks such as loading software (this is the way all Unixes/Linuxes except Ubuntu do these tasks).

Please read the VL Documentation on your computer, especially navigate to the section "VL Manuals" and you will find a manual there about our packaging system (gslapt and slapt-get).

Any other questions please ask.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53:56 pm »

Java is installed by default on VL5.8 and others here have not yet complained of java not working - at least what I remember from forum postings.

**cough** http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3826.0

Cheesy

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:42:16 am »

update-alternatives sound like one of those typical weird debian commands.... you won't find it on VL.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 08:57:10 am »

Are you having trouble viewing a java powered thingie on the web Trucker?  If so, send us a link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: